- Proximal adenocarcinomas.
- Distal adenocarcinomas.
Is stomach cancer fatal?
How do stomach cancer symptoms start?
Stomach cancer can present itself in several ways such as,
- Change in appetite
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Feeling of bloating after eating
- Stomach pain
- Abdominal pain
- Sudden weight loss
Who are at risk ?
Causes of stomach cancer:
- Family History: One of the most important factors to be believed for the development of gastric cancer.
- Genetics: Specific mutations in genes have been identified in a large percentage of gastric cancers.
- Geographic location: The incidence of gastric cancer also varies dramatically by geographic location.Race as well as sex affect the risk of disease development.
- Behavioral and Environmental Factors: Alcohol consumption,high dose radiation exposure shown to be associated with stomach cancer.
- Helicobacter pylori infection: A common bacteria that can also cause stomach ulcers and subsequently increase risk of cancer.
- Factors that increase the risk of stomach cancer include gastroesophageal reflux.
i.e. Stomach acid backing up into the esophagus.
How to Diagnose Stomach cancer?
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) with biopsy.
- Complete Blood Count: Check for anemia.
- Stool test to check blood in stools.
Upper GI series.
- Detection of morphologic characteristics includes mild elevation and shallow depression of the mucosa and areas of uneven surface.
- Flexible spectral imaging color enhancement (FICE): It is an endoscopic technique that was developed to detect gastric diseases.
- Chromoendoscopy: This technique is useful in the determination of tumor extent.
How to Treat Stomach Cancer?
Prevention of stomach cancer :
- Mass screening programming help in detecting diseases at early stages
- Limit alcohol consumption
- Avoid use of tobacco
- Adapt healthy lifestyle
- And maintain healthy weight
Believe in yourself.
Success can be achieved with extraordinary efforts.