It is well understood that exercise is very important for our daily lives, however; we may not exactly know which one suits us better. Also, it is essential to understand that our bodies are designed in such a way that they should be regularly active. Physical workouts improve the overall health and also lower the risk of developing various diseases such as type 2 diabetes, cancer and cardiovascular disease. Exercise is known to have immediate and long-term health benefits. Not only has this, it helped to have a healthy lifestyle.
Workouts and physical activities help Cancer survivors to cope with and to recover from their treatment; exercise also improves health of long term cancer survivors and also extend survival. Physical exercise are said to benefit cancer patients throughout their treatment. However, a detailed exercise, with intensity needs to be made. Sufficient evidence can be seen among the cancer survivors following careful assessment.
Latest study states that exercise is not just safe and possible for cancer patients, but it also improves the overall health and promotes a healthy lifestyle. Excessive rest leads to lesser activity to the body functioning, weakness in the muscles and a lower range of motion in the body. Many cancer care experts and teams urge their patients to be as physically active as much as possible while taking the treatment and post the same. Check into the advantages being physically active after treatment, too.
Here’s why, keeping reading:
- Enhance your physical abilities
- Improve balance and reduce the risk of falls and broken bones
- Keep your muscles strong and keep away from inactivity
- Reduce the risk of heart disease
- Reduce the risk of osteoporosis (weak bones that are more likely to break)
- Enhance blood flow to your legs and lower the risk of blood clots
- Be less dependent on others for normal activities of daily living
- Improve your self-esteem
- Reduce the risk of being anxious and depressed
- Reduce nausea
- Improve your ability to keep social contacts
- Reduce symptoms of tiredness (fatigue)
- Keep a check on overweight
- Maintain a healthy and happy living
Considerable impact of exercise and physical activity on the recovery of Cancer and the immune system has not yet been ascertained. However, regular moderate exercise is always good to attain health benefits for a cancer patient. A well-designed program for physical fitness can decrease side effects if any and improve quality of life.
Each person is considered unique and gets healed differently. As it is also known that there are many types of Cancers with different types of side effects, it is important to be a cancer exercise specialist who designs the best program that is suitable and advisable before starting the same.