Nutrition that makes a difference to Cancer!
What’s more important than to maintain a healthy diet throughout life which promotes an absolutely good growth and development?
Healthy diet leads to healthy life style and maintains healthy body weight, reduces the risk of chronic ailments and keeps up the over-all health and well-being of a person.
Getting complete nutrients, vitamins, and minerals comes from a good and a proper nutrition intake. Most important elements of a healthy diet remain unchanged. People who consume foods high in energy, fats, free sugars or salt/sodium and go less on fruits, veggies, and whole grains are more likely to develop chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart diseases and cancer.
Most important nutrients to focus on during a cancer treatment are proteins, carbohydrates, fats, water, vitamins & minerals. Protein helps in muscle strengthening and resisting infections, helps also to recover from illness faster and repairs tissues.
It is very impressive to know that Indian food ingredients may be used as preventive strategies that can be aimed at lowering the incidence and the rate of mortality when it comes to different cancer types and this is due to their antioxidative, antimutagenic and anticarcinogenic properties.
Essential and protective ingredients used in Indian cooking consist of turmeric, cloves, ginger, aniseed, mustard, saffron, cardamom and garlic.
It is important to know and understand that good nutrition in line with physical workout helps maintain healthy body weight. However, the advantages of good nutrition go far beyond just weight management.
Check out how Good Nutrition helps enhance our immune system:
– Lowers the risk of heart disease, diabetes, stroke, certain types of cancers, and
– Lowers high blood pressure
– Reduces high cholesterol
– Enhances your well-being
– Helps to improve your ability to fight out ailments
– Helps to improve your ability to recover from illness or injuries
– Improves your energy levels and immunity
Also, check out the top foods that help to fight out cancer:
When we talk about the top foods that help to fight out cancer, the first thing that comes to mind is Folate-Rich Foods. This B-complex vitamin is found in most of the good and nutritional foods.
The next in line is foods that are rich in Vitamin D. This fat-soluble vitamin helps absorb calcium needed to build strong teeth, and strong bones and may also build protection against cancer causing agents.
- Fatty fish
- Cruciferous Vegetables
People undergoing cancer treatment are required to be highly cautious about food safety. Certain types of cancer related treatments can weaken the immune system resulting to the chances of infection.
Now, check out the basic food safety tips that help in reducing the chances of infection:
- Regular washing of hands while preparing food, also before and after having food.
- Rinsing the vegetables and fruits thoroughly before in-take
- Storing food at a clean and safe place
- Using clean and separate chopping boards for meats and veggies
- Storing meat and fish in a separate shelf in the refrigerator.
- Refrigerating foods immediately after everyone is done and served.
- Eating properly cooked foods.
- Avoiding to eat or drink unpasteurized foods.
This includes beverages such as raw milk, fruit juices, and foods such as cheeses made from unpasteurized milk.
- Ensuring that the food you purchase is not outdated or expired. Check the directions of use and the label before purchase.
Finally, what is that which makes one feel healthy and builds up one’s self-esteem and self-image?
The answer to this question lies in keeping up good health, taking the right nutrients, a bit of work-out that’s needed, maintaining a healthy lifestyle by following simple tips by giving what’s right for your body and feeling good about oneself.
Follow simple tips, be healthy, stay safe, and be happy!