The thyroid gland is a butterfly-shaped gland located at the base of the neck. The thyroid produces hormones that regulate heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, body weight and metabolism. Thyroid cancer starts in the thyroid when cells grow out of control forming a mass called a tumour. A lump felt in the neck when a tumour develops in the thyroid.It can be cancerous or benign. Most thyroid cancers don’t cause any signs or symptoms early in the disease.
You should talk with doctor whenever you found following symptoms:
- Difficulty swallowing and breathing
- Swollen lymph node in your neck
- A lump can be felt in the neck
- Pain in neck and throat
- Voice changes
The pain of discipline is far less than the pain of regret.
- Minimize radation exposure:
Exposure to high levels of radiation during medical treatment can lead to risk of thyroid cancer.
- Know your family history:
Inherited genes may increase risk of thyroid cancer. Have conversations with a genetic counselor
- Do regular examination by your physician:
Improved imaging technology like CT and MRI allows early detection and helps you to prevent thyroid cancer.
- Choose healthy lifestyle:
Along with regular exercise you should include iodine-rich foods such as cod, tuna, dairy products, whole-grain bread and iodized salt.
- Healthy choices have tremendous potential to build your better tomorrow.
- Get the most effective and personalized solution from India’s top most oncologists at Yashoda hospital.
- Our multidisciplinary team is always there to solve your query anytime and help to arrest cancer at earliest.
Your safety and health is our priority!!